Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Player Classic HC - How Can I Enable Color Management?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rckowal
    • Jan 2004

Media Player Classic HC - How Can I Enable Color Management?

I just downloaded & installed MPC-HC vs. 1.4.2488, so I am still getting acquainted with it. At the moment, I'm trying to get color management working.

Maybe I'm missing some thing, but I am unable to adjust the video brightness & color. When I migrate to Renderer Settings>Color Management, the "enable" & related setting options are "greyed" out. Based on a suggestion seen on another forum, I have the Direct Show Output set at VMR-9 (renderless). Additionally, if it matters, I have ATI Catalyst installed for the graphics card, monitor settings, etc.

Can some one please help me to fix this?
    Best Regards, Richard
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

The VMR9 adjustment sliders are under View/Options/Miscellaneous. But often they do not work. One option would be to play the video with FFDSHOW(instead of MPC's own decoder) and control brightness/contrasts etc. from there. Maybe use VLC instead ?
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• rckowal
      • Jan 2004

Paglamon,

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the location of the VMR9 sliders but as you said, "they don't work"! Can you tell me why they don't or how to enable them?

I also know that VLC works but I want the features of MPC-HC. I'd like to try the FFDSHOW decoder but how do I tell MPC-HC to do so? Could you point me in the right direction please?

Since posting here, I learned that you can "enable" Color Management (not the sliders) by selecting EVR Custom Pres. under Options>Playback>Output (rather than VMR9).
      Best Regards, Richard

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

I'd like to try the FFDSHOW decoder but how do I tell MPC-HC to do so?
        Install FFDSHOW. Then from FFDSHOW/Video decoder configuration enable FFDSHOW to decode the specific type of file you wish to play. Now in MPC-HC go to Internal Filters/Source filters or transform filters and untick that file type.Next ,under External filters add FFDSHOW.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• rckowal
          • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by paglamon
          Install FFDSHOW. Then from FFDSHOW/Video decoder configuration enable FFDSHOW to decode the specific type of file you wish to play. Now in MPC-HC go to Internal Filters/Source filters or transform filters and untick that file type.Next ,under External filters add FFDSHOW.
          Thanks again Paglamon. That's very helpful. I see now that I need to do some "home work" on codecs.
          Best Regards, Richard

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎