Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnGafnea
    • Jul 2002

TMPGEnc: "Illegal floating decimal point calculation order."

This happened twice on Not.Another.Teen.Movie.2001.DVDivX-AEN.avi. The first 2 times it happened in the very beginning, the last time (just now) it happened about 10 minutes before it was to be finished. So Now I have to eiher redo it all or get an MPEG joiner. (If I have to use one, which one is the "best" ?)

Thanks guys.
  • gaz0702
    • Dec 2004

I´ve had the same problem. I found it was caused due to still picture video. If you have your minimum bit rate set to 0 then because it´s VBR when you don´t get any movement in the picture there´s no need to use any bits. This seems to create the prob. Set minimum bit rate to 500 something like that next time. I used TMPGenc to join my mpegs after, it´s in FILE-MPEG TOOLS-MERGE AND CUT. Seems to do a pretty good job.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To gaz0702

I see you are new to these forums. I was wondering if you were aware that you were posting a response to a question that was posted more than two years ago?

Comment

• gaz0702
        • Dec 2004

I may be new to these forums but at least i understand the concept of them. I´m not helping the person who posted the problem but other people like myself who stumble upon these threads trying to find a solution. I POSTED A SOLUTION which wasn´t posted 2 years ago. So i actually wonder how many people have been in here and hit another dead end.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Whatever floats your boat ;>}

Comment

• ranmaismail
            • Jan 2008

Thx this really helped .
            This Problem seems to be a classic.
            I had to disable the "minimum Bitrate" restiction in the rate controls.

Comment

Working...