X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johno779
    • Dec 2010

convert .VRO to MPEG

Hello all,

I have a DV camera (Hitachi) that records onto a hard disk, creating a .VRO and .INF file in DVD_RTAV directory. I understand that the .VRO file is a container format for the multiple recordings I have made and that the .INF contains reference information for each recording.

Now, the software that came with the camera is worse that useless and I am looking for a simple way to capture / import / convert the recordings so that I can use a basic tool to edit / delete / re-order the recordings and then save them to a DVD in such a way that I am able to play them on a computer / TV with the option of navigating through the various recordings.

My first problem is finding a simple tool to convert the .VRO and .INF to multiple MPEG or other suitable format for importing into a tool. I thought it would be an easy job to find a piece of freeware to do this but having spent several days looking and downloading I have found nothing and am extremely frustrated.

Can anyone with more experience than me (which means most people on this forum) offer advice.

Cheers

John
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎