Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomsta79
    • Jan 2011

programs

ok lads am new whats the best programs to convert movies in x264....from any format....i was using( any video converter professional) but picture does not look much better it made it in to a mp4 file...and need the right codec for it to work on a ps3 thanks for any help
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

handbrake might be a good choice

Comment

• tomsta79
      • Jan 2011

tryed loads of other programs like but want to get picture in to x264 720 ...tryed that meGUI always gets errors. al give that handbrake a go like but dont think that will be any diffrent from others cheers

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by tomsta79
        al give that handbrake a go like but dont think that will be any diffrent from others
        maybe you should take a look at whatever was proposed before you doubt it will be any more flexible

of course handbrake lets you define the size and of course it can make use of h/x264

Comment

• tomsta79
          • Jan 2011

done chipmunks 2 for the kids from avi to mp4..but audio is out picture does not look up to much dont no what am doing wrong..could you tell which settings to use cheers for the help

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

It doesn't work with every format but you can input DVD, AVI, MP4 etc and encode with either xvid or x264.

If you need to resize the frame you have to edit the AviSynth script that pops up.
            It has some quirks but if you set the bit rate correctly instead of accepting the defaults it produces good looking output even in one pass if the input was good.

Quick AVI Creator is a DVD/Video to AVI/xvid/x264 front-end, which uses several GNU licensed applications to convert DVD/video to AVI/xvid/x264.

Comment

• tomsta79
              • Jan 2011

am trying out super now lot of setting chances my settings are mp4...h.264/avc...aac main.....video 1280:720...16.9..frame/sec 29.97...not sure on bitrate mine is on 1248....then audio 22050...channel 2....bitrate 128......could you tell me if these are right settings cheers

Comment

• DBZMBrolly
                • Oct 2004

If your program allows it, set your Audio to 44,100HZ at 128,000kbps
                And set your video to atleast 500,000kbps. But your output quality will always be dependent on your input quality. If your input is sh*t then your output will be too.

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

why do you think 44.1khz would be a good choice?

i cant think of any good reason to use anything but 48khz

Comment

• DBZMBrolly
                    • Oct 2004

I just wrote it because thats what I had in my program settings and my videos are ok. But I think your right lol. I might actually up mines as well.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎