X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Etrurian
    • Apr 2007

can't get converted AVCHD video to play on stand-alone DVD player

Hi,
    I recently purchased a Cannon Vixia HF S21 HD Camcorder. I want to share video with family via DVD. The instruction pdf that comes with Pixila Image Maker 3(the come with software) is so fragmented that I had to go to other software. So far I've used AnyVideoConverter to convert AVCHD/MTS to mpeg2 and Aunsoft MTS-converter to convert to a single VOB file of 3.5 GB. Neither of the discs will play on my stand-alone DVD player(disc error) but both play on computers. Is there a step that I've missed? Do I need to create a Video_TS folder? TIA for any help or suggestions.
    etrurian
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

maybe you should try another tool to convert m2ts to dvd

AVStoDVD is a decent freeware which runs fine in most cases or ConvertXtoDVD, a commercial tool which also does a good job.

if your created vobfile(s) may run or if something is missing is hard to tell without further details on what exactly was created and what you burned in which way to dvd

Comment

• Etrurian
      • Apr 2007

hi,
      I did an ixquick search and followed the instructions from
      forum.dll-files.com/Burn-AVCHD-MTS-M2TS-DVD-ImgBurn-ftopict59034.html
      I selected DVD NTSC (4:3) because DVD NTSC (16:9) wasn't available in the trial version. There was a box that asked if I wanted to combine all the mts files into one vob, I checked yes and a few hours later had a single vob file of 3.25 GB(is this file to big?). Is this the kind of information required?
      etrurian

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

you should NOT join vobfiles

if they were made to approx. 1gb in size keep them like that

try to get hold of a re-writable dvd and burn the original output wihtout joining them

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎