DVD Shrink play button greyed out, Can't play.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cool Javelin
    • Dec 2004

DVD Shrink play button greyed out, Can't play.

Hello all:

I just had a computer meltdown, and upon reinstalling the OS and DVD shrink, I find I cannot play videos in DVD Shrink. It used to work before, but I don't know what is different (other then reformatting the hard disk and reinstalling everything )

I am talking about the little player in the lower left of DVD shrink.

Can someone help tell me what I need to be able to play (preview) videos. Does it use media player, or flash, or something else?

I am using WIN98se and DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15.

Thanks, Mark.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Its probably a codec.....try ffmpeg

Comment

• Cool Javelin
      • Dec 2004

OK, Thanks, jmet.

So...

I went to get ffmpeg, (they don't make it easy do they) Aparently, I have to get the source code and compile it myself. I tried to find a compiled windows version (you know, a .EXE file of some kind? Even a .zip would be nice.) but aparently that is a no no.

Any place I found for downloading was either a .tar or some other linux form of source code.

I see they say it suposidly runs on a windows platform, but I found no evidence of that anywhere except for their documentation.

I don't want to be in the business of compiling executables, I have enough on my plate without installing compilers and figuring out how to deal with all that headache.

Also, once I do get ffmpeg then what?

Do I simply install ffmpeg and can I expect DVDshrink to find it by itself?
      Do I put it in the DVDshrink folder?
      Do I need to explicitly tell DVDshrink where it is and how to use it?

Not too clear on now to get them to play nice with each other.

Thanks, Mark.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

I apologize Cool Javelin..... ffdshow is what I meant to type..... http://www.softpedia.com/progDownloa...load-5527.html - then click External mirror 1

Comment

Working...