Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZeroG
    • Mar 2011

video lags audio

I'm a new user of DVD Flick and I've been stumbling and bumbling my way thru the learning curve. Finally got it to work - I'm converting .MOV files to DVD, however there is a noticeable lag between the audio & video on the finished DVD. This is a 7 minute song of a band recorded live, and the audio preceeds the video, just enough to disturb the viewing experience...

any suggestions as to how to correct this?

Thanks!!
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

What is the frame rate of the source video?
    Can your DVD player play PAL format?

If the source is 25 fps then I usually encode as a PAL DVD. That way I avoid audio out of sync issues that can be introduced when changing the frame rate.

You can get the info by opening the video in MediaInfo.

Comment

• ZeroG
      • Mar 2011

Hi Miles,

Thanks for trying to help. Not sure about the frame rate but encoding in PAL format in order to get the audio to sync properly seems extreme.

I'll probably look for another solution - there are others that work OK but aren't free. I was just hoping to find one I didn't have to pay for.

Not giving up but I don't want to spend to much more time trying to get this to work properly.

Thanks again!

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

Without information it's difficult to suggest anything. You could post the information about the video using MediaInfo.

Also there are many free high quality video to DVD converters. I don't use .mov as input but AVStoDVD may work for you. HC encode is also high quality. But if I don't know what's going in or what's coming out I don't know what to tell you.

Afa converting to PAL being "extreme" I do it on a regular basis. You can use an NTSC TV to play PAL as long as your DVD player supports it(converting to NTSC on the fly.) I find it more "extreme" to change the frame rate. That invites all kinds of issues that are neatly avoided by not doing so.

Anyway, frame rate change vs pulldown is one of those argument threads that will never die. Just google to see what I mean. I don't get into those arguments. I just relate what works for me. I'm not in the video business so my experience is limited esp. compared to many of the long time members on this board(I'm waiting for Blutach to write a book if he hasn't done so already.)
        Last edited by MilesAhead; 22 Mar 2011, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎