X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Hacker Turns Down Sony Job Offer In Protest of Geohot Treatment

Android hacker Koushik Dutta has turned down a potentially lucrative job offer from Sony because he, "in good conscience", cannot work at Sony due to the company's "recent treatment of fellow hacker, George Hotz (@geohot")". Sony recently sued geohot for his efforts on jailbreaking the PS3.

Koushik Dutta publishes a blog detailing Android hacking techniques, and it is his work here that has attracted Sony's attention, offering the hacker a Software Engineering job at Sony's R&D team.

Geohot once taunted Sony by saying that the company should hire him, not sue him, if they really wanted to protect the PS3 against hacking. Sony is actually using this email against geohot in the PS3 jailbreaking trial as evidence of geohot's intentions to blackmail Sony for financial reasons.

Screenshots of the actual email exchange between Sony and Dutta can be seen below:

Attached Files
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Nice, I wish more people were like this guy.

Koushik Dutta is the guy who makes ROM Manager and ClockworkModRecovery for Android phones, a program I regularly use to back up my phone's image in case something breaks. Just imagine if Google were to offer him a job, LOL
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡