X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • axelanti
    • Mar 2011

Problem with bass channel

Hello.

I have filmed a concert recently and in some parts of the movie the bass was to loud and resulted in kind of a scratchy effect, not to annoying but which I want to remove. Can you recommend me a software that can help me adjust the sound?

Best regards,
    thanks
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

One of the free audio editors is Audacity.
    Download Audacity for free. A free multi-track audio editor and recorder. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. Audacity is free software, developed by a group of volunteers and distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

Typically you would use a tool to demux the audio, adjust it with audacity, then mux back into the video.

Comment

• axelanti
      • Mar 2011

And with what program can i demux the audio?

Thanks

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I don't know much about digicam stuff(I'm assuming from your post you're using a digital camcorder?) but you may be able to use AviDemux. Also you don't say your OS so I'm assuming Windows. You can just search for a free mux tool that handles your format.

Mostly I mess with avi/mkv/dvd and not capture or digicam stuff. Another poster may be able to help if you give more detail. Also look through the subforum categories and see if there's one for the type of video you are using. You'll tend to get more specific answers that way.
        Last edited by MilesAhead; 29 Mar 2011, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• axelanti
          • Mar 2011

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
          I don't know much about digicam stuff(I'm assuming from your post you're using a digital camcorder?) but you may be able to use AviDemux. Also you don't say your OS so I'm assuming Windows. You can just search for a free mux tool that handles your format.

Mostly I mess with avi/mkv/dvd and not capture or digicam stuff. Another poster may be able to help if you give more detail. Also look through the subforum categories and see if there's one for the type of video you are using. You'll tend to get more specific answers that way.
          Hello Miles.

You're right, i forgot the specify a few things:
          -i shot my videos using a Canon PowerShot S5 IS
          -the format of the videos is .AVI
          -my OS is Windows XP SP2

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

For .avi AviDemux should do the trick unless you have complex editing. You can mux and demux audio, cut clips without re-encoding etc.. Very easy to use.

For what you want AviDemux and Audacity should be all you need.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎