Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asrai_star
    • Mar 2011

How Do I copyprotect A dvd I made?

Hello, I am new to this stuff. I make videos for my car club that we use from time to time for promos. I want to be able to keep using the promos but for our use and the people we intend them to have. I know people make copies of them as I have seen them on the internet. Can anyone please tell me how I can copy protect my work so that it can't be copied easily by someone? Thank you so much, Brett
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

You can't. It's possible to decrypt just about any COMMERCIAL DVD, so what makes you think a home-made one would be any more secure?

Just be careful who you give them out to, I suppose.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

You can't do it without paying a lot of money for CSS licensing, which then defeats the whole purpose of maintaining your revenue. Plus, it can still be easily decrypted and shared online.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• joe bananas
        • Dec 2003

I've heard of this technique used by a photographer for his wedding DVDs;

At the end of the recording put a physical scratch in the disk, making it impossible for a DVD recorder to copy. You may need to add some extra (blank) footage to the recording so you don't scratch the important data.
        This method is very extreme and I haven't tried it myself. It may take a few try's to perfect the technique.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎