Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnSFromMD
    • Apr 2011

Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD trimming VOB/MPG

We've been trying to trim a clip. The clip is a long VOB, and we want to trim it down to an MPEG containing part of it, without recoding. The first thing we tried we got from the Help file, using the input monitor to trim the clip to the in/out portion that we selected to a new MPG file. Very slick, but the resulting MPG file has only static for the audio! What could cause that problem?

Since that didn't work, we decided to try the technique from this forum's post on Womble FAQs (sorry, can't include a link due to being a new user). But information about the process said that it was going to recode the entire video!

Since VOB is just MPG, there's got to be a way to do this without recording and without replacing the audio with white noise. Can anyone provide any suggestions or help?

Thanks!
  • schlemiehl
    • Mar 2010

hI JohnSFromMD

Originally Posted by JohnSFromMD

Since VOB is just MPG, there's got to be a way to do this without recording and without replacing the audio with white noise. Can anyone provide any suggestions or help?

Thanks!
    I just can't imagine what you are talking about - maybe it's because such a thing never happened to me.
    Mark in the piece you want to extract, mark it out too, then draw the marked stuff to the timeline and export it.
    But it's like politics: It should work
    Otherwise please be a bit more precise cause I _really_ don't know what kind of problem you are confronted with, sorry.

Nevertheless:Good luck!

S.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎