Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New member with Audio Question

Default New member with Audio Question

Hello all, first of all I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Bob, I'm pretty new to the whole video thing. and really new to this forum. I own a Sony HDR-X150 handi-cam and unlike a lot of people apparently, I'm pretty happy with it. My question is this; I've got a home grown video from that camera thats in WMV format. I've got some serious sound issues because of a very loud radio playing in the background. Does anyone have any suggestion on software available to clean up that particular type of noise. Maybe I'm dreaming, but I wonder if anyone makes a software that can essentially listen to something, and then consider that particular sound to be "noise" and filter it out. I know my Droid has apps that can listen to a person sing a song and identify that song, so the idea doesn't seem that far out there. Any input? Thanks!

Have you tried Audacity free audio editor? I'm not very experienced with it. But I know it has filters in various frequency ranges. It should be able to clean it up to some degree.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Thanks very much. I'm gonna give that a try.

You're welcome. Even if it doesn't work in this case, audacity is good to have in your toolbox.

Thread Information