Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robertbiferi
    • Jun 2011

thanks but

I think I did use VideioCoder before but one thing?

Say you have a VOB file or a DVD of a TV show and you know it will be Interlaced.

And you just want VideoCoder to convert if to another file format but keep the Interlace as is and not De Interlace it or anything.

How do you do this?

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

You can't do it (since VidCoder is based on Handbrake), but again we go back to the start of the thread, and the question is why would you want to do it?

The only advantage would be to play these kind of interlaced files on a player that supports proper interlaced output on an old style interlaced CRT, as in any other type of scenario, de-interlacing will have to occur (either by the player, or by the progressive display device, such as your media player with the 5" screen). Compression wise, storing interlaced content is not more efficient than de-interlaced/progressive content.

To encode H.264 in interlaced, you'll mostly have to use more advanced encoding tools, either x264 (if you want to use H.264) as a command line tool, or a GUI that allows manual x264 command, like MeGUI.
      Last edited by admin; 31 Jul 2011, 02:40 AM.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• vrpatilisl
        • Sep 2011

hi
        i think u kept on decom thats why .off it and try and tell.
        thanxs

Comment

• hugheser
          • Feb 2012

Should sticky this for the educational content. Its nice to see some of the theory behind the tools instead of just how to use them. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎