Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying To Create An Ac3 File W/virtualdubmod?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwmghf
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Oct 2004

Trying To Create An Ac3 File W/virtualdubmod?

Hey guys:

Every time I open an .avi file to use VirtualDubMod to create an .ac3 file I get this error:

*****Error decompressing video frame 0. A codec-specific error occurred.(error code 1)*****

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I have AC3ACM.acm 64-bit installed. I have AC3Filter installed. I have ffdshow installed and I think that's about all that's necessary. It worked fine when I was using XP Pro. I not sure what I am missing???

Thanks
    System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
    Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Does the .avi already have .ac3 audio? If so it might be easier just to demux it using AviDemux. If not, I'll let someone answer who is proficient with VDM. I haven't used it directly in awhile.

Comment

• jwmghf
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Oct 2004

Hey MilesAhead:

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to think I asked a far out question!!! Yes all the avi's I tried do have ac3 audio. If they didn't I wouldn't have a use for VDM. I will give aviDemux a try. I never used it. Are there any specific setting I need to know about to demux an avi?

I've used VDM for about 10 years now so I would hate stop using it if this is a simple issue.

Here seems to be where the issue lies. I was running ffdshow for use with multiAVCHD. This is a bluray ripping program. It converts mkv's into proper bluray files and folders.

This was the codec I had installed when trying to extract the ac3 from the avi's. I also notice that WMP stopped functioning as well.(I didn't notice this immediately, so not sure which program caused it to stop.

I unistalled ffdshow and installed Xvid(Koepi's) and VDM started functioning as normal. No more errors.

So what I have to do now is uninstall ffdshow and install Xvid if I want to rip my avi's. And then uninstall Xvid and re-install ffdshow when I want to rip an mkv file to the proper bluray files and folders. This is time consuming and very redundant. So the question becomes, can ffdshow do both type of rips and if so, I guess there are some settings in the software I will need to make. I am unfamiliar with the settings of ffdshow so some guidance is seriously welcomed.

I feel like a have been on a major rant here so I will put the brakes on now. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Edit:

The problem seems to be a codec issue so I am starting a different thread.

Thanks
      Last edited by jwmghf; 21 Jun 2011, 02:49 AM. Reason: Found the real issue.
      System Details:

Asus Rampage III Extreme, BIOS 1301, Chipset N/A, CPU Intel I7 980X,
      Memory OCZ OCZ3RPR1600LV12GK, Video Card Asus (ATI) EAH5970 (Core Clock 725MHz), SSD OCZ Revodrive SSD240, 2x WD RE4 2003FYYS, Optical Drives Pioneer BDR-206BK, Water Cooling CPU waterblock EK Supreme HF, EK Motherboard Waterblock EK-FB RE3, EK GPU EK-FC5970 Waterblock, Case Mountain Mods Extended Ascension, Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎