Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Katelijntje
    • Sep 2009

How to fit 3 mpeg files to fit on one dvd

I'd like to burn a dvd with Womble Video Wizard. I had 3 parts of a serie but because it was a bit to big for one dvd I shrunk it with Shrink 3.2, but now I have a Video_TS folder and don't know how to get that back into Womble Video Wizard with my menu's intact, so I can burn it.

I don't have Nero software.

I am not very familiar with the Womble program, so I hope to hear a simple answer for this.

Thanks,

Katelijntje
    Last edited by Katelijntje; 26 Jul 2011, 10:33 PM.
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

PowerProducer and Womble MPEG Video Wizard are fairly different tools designed to do fairly different things. PowerProducer is for DVD authoring, while Womble MVW is for editing (so it's more similar to Cyberlink's PowerDirector). Womble has a tool called EasyDVD, which is designed more for DVD authoring.

You can still edit and encode your files for DVD compliance in MPEG Video Wizard, and the files may not fit because you may need to re-encode the files using a lower bitrate (see "Recorder Template Manager" screenshot on this page: Womble MPEG Video Wizard - Basic Video Editing Guide - Page 5 of 5 | Articles - Digital Digest, and the instructions on how to get to this screen just above this screenshot).

If you don't select a template, and simply select "Automatic" when saving, it will only re-encode the sections that have changed (this is the preferred behaviour when editing files, since you don't want to re-encode unless absolutely necessary) - by selecting a template, you force MVW to re-encode the file.

But it may still be hard to control the output file size if you use the VBR option (so other than to experiment a bit with the VBR setting, it's hard to determine an output file size). Using a constant bitrate will solve this problem, but you end up losing more quality.

If you have access to a working version of PowerProducer, or even Womble EasyDVD (or any DVD authoring tool that can also re-encode the video), then what you can do is to use MVW to do all your editing, select the "Automatic" output to re-encode only as necessary, and then rely on your DVD authoring tool to re-encode and make the video fit onto a DVD.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎