X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • millu27
    • Nov 2011

iHAS324-98 B AL1A does not update to AL1B

Hi everyone,

first of all, my knwoledge on computer sciences is rather limited, so I apologize in advance for any navie question. I have tried to find the solution of my problem in the forum, but with no success so far. If this has been already answered, I would be very happy to be pointed towards the corresponding link.

So here is my problem:

I recently bought (from NewEgg.com) a LiteOn iHAS324-98 B, Manufactured Date August 2011. Since I only have a laptop (a Dell Studio 1555, Windows 7), I also bought an External Case 5.25'' (at Fry's) Sabrent, with USB 2.0 to SATA interface.

I plugged the LiteOn in the case with SATA cable, and then I connected the case to my laptop with the USB. That worked, because my laptop recognized the device:

Drive 3: ATAPI iHAS324 B AL1A ( E: )

I wanted to update the FW from AL1A to AL1B. I downloaded the AL1B.exe file from this web page (Lite-On iHAS324 B AL1B Firmware Download - Firmware HQ). After executing AL1B.exe, the Programming part reaches 100%, but when the Inquiring appears, I get this error:

Unable to flash firmware. Please contact with your vendor !

2-0-0-0 ATAPI iHAS324 B AL1A

The same happens using the LiteOn Smart Pack utility.
    And I have tried to run AL1B.exe as administrator, but no success.

And that is my problem. Why I can't update my LiteOn?

Thank you very much and sorry for such a long post, but I tried to provide as many details as possible.

Thanks in advance!
  • imiznack
    • Nov 2011

I am having the exact same problem. Did you figure it out?

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎