X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aawsum1
    • May 2012

Problem Changing Booktype for DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM

Greetings Community,

I am in the midst of trying to create a Navteq Navigation Disc for my vehicle using a Verbatim DVD+R DL. I followed all of the instructions given to me yet the disc is not readable by my cars system. I tried changing the booktype settings according to prior posts and it appeared to have been successful, however when I insert the disc back in to be read the format still shows DVD+R DL instead of DVD-ROM. I am using an LG burner. Is there some more "advanced" steps that I should take. Again I am new to this entire process so be kind!
  • aawsum1
    • May 2012

In essence I am setting the booktype accordingly...

Yet the DVD still comes out in a non ROM format that isn't readable by my car.

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

What model is your drive? When you selected the booktype (under the "LG" section), what did the "Current Settings" status show? If it showed "Invalid Command Operation Code", then it means your drive does not support changing booktypes, although some drives will do it automatically (which is why we need to know the model of your drive).

Go into Imgburn Read mode with the burnt disc inserted, and copy/paste the text from the info box here. If you can, post the burn+verify log if you still have it.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎