X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mafia101
    • Aug 2012

Embeded subtitled movie lags in TV

Hello.

I'm bit of a newbie for encoding and decoding videos etc.

Anyway, recently I found out that my new TV Philips 7685H wont support subtitle formats on USB. So because I'm not from native English speaking country and not all people from my family understanding English so well, I need those subtitles to work.

So I started to search how to embed them into the movie. So I found this DivxLand Media Subtitles program. I also tried some other methods before but those decreased quality a lot.

So my problem is that, If I make like 6 min preview and I test it in my TV, movie kinda lags. Well If I compare them side by side (original and embedded) the one with subtitles is not that smooth as original.

Well Original movie is 720p BRay rip and video bit-stream is 4993kb. I'm using latest Xvid codecs and 720p profile settings. Movie quality and sound seems fine and it seems also fine on my computer screen but not in TV. At first I used maximum quality which was over 10k KB video bitstream which was overkill, so I decreased it same as original but movie still kinda lags on my TV. Because I'm bit of a newbie video encoding etc. Maybe there is some settings that need to be changed... I don't know...

I also tried both H.263 and MPEG types, bot result were kinda same... I don't know anymore what to do :/

Thank you!
  • Mafia101
    • Aug 2012

Well I found out what was the problem!

Xvid 720p profile was just too good for my TV so I had to use something else, in this case I used MPEG-4 Simple@L6.

So, I don't know.. thank you all who may tried to help me

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎