• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • php111
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Aug 2007

Originally Posted by admin
    That's the one with the built-in hard-drive, which is a bit more expensive. If you have a home network, or an external drives with all your media files, then you can just get the cheaper storage-less version.
    Western Digital - WD TV Live Media Player - WDBHG70000NBK-HESN

Would that be the one that MilesAhead was talking about?

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

The storage-less version is just the WD TV Live (without the "Hub" moniker). Although one advantage of the Hub version is that it also acts as a DLNA media server, so if you don't have a PC that's already doing that, then you can use WD TV Live Hub to stream content (stored on the 1TB HDD, or via connected HDDs) to your other DLNA compatible media devices (pretty much all of them these days).
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• php111
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Aug 2007

Originally Posted by admin
        The storage-less version is just the WD TV Live (without the "Hub" moniker). Although one advantage of the Hub version is that it also acts as a DLNA media server, so if you don't have a PC that's already doing that, then you can use WD TV Live Hub to stream content (stored on the 1TB HDD, or via connected HDDs) to your other DLNA compatible media devices (pretty much all of them these days).
        Was that the one on the last link I gave in my last reply before this one?

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

Yep, that's the one (the WD TV Live Hub).
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎