Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

jump to half the file with divx 5.02 2-pass?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheInfamous
    • Jul 2002

jump to half the file with divx 5.02 2-pass?

the latest movies ive incoded using divx 5.02 2 pass using the second pass option using flask 6 preview only let me scan through to about halfway. using 1-pass hasnt worked at all it will go through the whole encoding process and then leave a file thats like 16 or 32 megs. i used to use 1-pass but didnt look as well in motion scenes and the sound was always off. if anyone has any suggestions id greatly appreciate it. i was going to use vdub to try and rekey the frames but it would take a while and im going to bed. will try tommorrow. thanks all.
  • Erci
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Nov 2001

I can't tell what's wrong with this encoding, and I have almost never used flask. This is because it sucks compared to other program.
    Try to use GordianKnot and nandub (divx 3.11) or Virtualdub divx 5.02.

If you use 3.11 you can read my guide or in any other case go to http://gknot.doom9.org
    This WILL work better

//Erci
    DVD Backup Guide

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

It sounds like you are only using '2-pass second pass'.

With 2-pass encoding you must preform 2-passes, first using '2-pass first pass' then using '2-pass second pass'.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• d-clone
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by khp
        It sounds like you are only using '2-pass second pass'
        If that were the case, it would give an error becuase it wouldnt be able to fing the log or the mv.
        At least thats what happened to me when I thought i was "K3Wl" and renamed the file after the first pass to moviename.log and moviename.mv, so when I tried to do second pass It said that it wont do shit untill it finds the log and mv files, I felt soo stupid. I decided not to mess with it again and instead of telling it to look for those filenames i just renamed again.

Just a little story from my "early years"....... (2 weeks ago)

BTW I also used FlaskMPEG in my early years, all I have to say is to ditch it, and tell all your friends its "da shit" so they use it. Then get GKnot and compare movies with your friends.....
        Last edited by d-clone; 14 Jul 2002, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Originally posted by d-clone

If that were the case, it would give an error becuase it wouldnt be able to fing the log or the mv.
          Correct that happens if there is no log file.
          If there is a log file from a old, half finished first pass. It will run, but won't create any key frames beyound the point where the first pass log file ends.

This is at least the case if you turn off the mv-log file feature. I'am not quite sure what happens if the mv log is invalid.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎