Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TE5LA
    • Nov 2012

Software To Join AVI Files

I use FRAPS to record game video but it splits recordings into separate AVI's, a throwback to the days of FAT32 and its file size limitations. It's a pain trying to join them. I've tried a lot of software and they don't work or they work and create awful output, etc.

The thing is, most of these programs re-encode the files, which takes forever and is totally unnecessary. I just want to join the files, not re-encode them. It should take only seconds, not hours. I know there is something that does this because I remember quite a long time ago my brother showing me an editor that did this. He would splice files together in about a second. I see no need to re-encode the parts if they all have the same audio/video properties, which these files do.

Thanks.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Try VirtualDub or AVIDemux.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

As paglamon says, I believe if the files are numbered in the correct format Virtual Dub will load the entire chain. With AviDemux, if you open the first file, then select the rest of the files so that they are in the correct sequence, you can drop them on and it will concatenate them. Just Save using the correct video type, AviMuxer with Video and Audio both set to Copy.

Comment

• videoliker
        • Dec 2012

VirtualDub is without any doubt the best one I used to join video files (tried it on AVI files as well), and it's actually for free (open source).

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎