Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aras298
    • Dec 2012

DVDFlick Playback problem on Sony PS2

I have begun using DVDFlick to convert and burn a Video DVD to play on DVD Players for my friend and I do this process at my friend's house. The process works and the burn is successful - the burn speed was the lowest.

First I test out the DVD on his computer - everything works fine - no problem.

There are 2 DVD Players. One is Akura and the other is part of the SONY PS2 Console - on the Akura it works fine.

The PS2 is where the problem happens. The video plays but the audio is keeps on skipping - like it's kind of choppy. The syncing seems fine but it's the audio where it keeps on skipping every second, making it almost impossible to understand what the person is saying.

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me with this - I just wish there was way to convert and burn that would play on any DVD Player.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

I don't use Flick that much anymore. But when I used it regularly I had the best luck outputting a VIDEO_TS folder. Checking it out, such as the last couple of minutes of the movie was there both video and audio etc.. then burning using Imgburn.

I'm not a believer in slower is always better. I think now when they test the blank discs they test them at the highest supported speed. As that's what they expect people to burn. My DVD5 discs I always burn in Imgburn at 16x. Audio CDs I usually burn at 32x. But I'd go with what works on your equipment.

Also depending on the source video format, there are other free video encoders more up to date. I think Flick has been out of development for several years now.

Comment

• aras298
      • Dec 2012

Well, I tried it with VIDEO_TS too and then manually burning with Imgburn but it's the same audio distortion and skipping. Even Nero produced the same results. The audio IS there - it just skips on the PS2

The thing is - just to keep things simple - I want to keep using this program because at least it works for the PC - I just wish it worked on a PS2 - that's key.

Now suppose if DVDFlick didn't work for anything, then I would quit using the program.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I suggest you get a 5 pack of DVD+RW so that you can test burn without throwing blanks away. I don't know how I'm supposed to figure out why audio skips on the PS2. I don't own one. That makes testing difficult. Try another encoder or put up with the skip. What else can I suggest?

Comment

• aras298
          • Dec 2012

That's a good tip - thanks for the DVDRW tip!

I've tried several but the same result - DVDFlick's the one that comes really close. I would put up with the audio skipping, but it skips every second meaning that I can't make out anything.

Well, for you it must be difficult to resolve this problem since you don't own a PS2, but I hope that someone who does own it or has owned it in the past replies to this thread.

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by aras298
            That's a good tip - thanks for the DVDRW tip!

I've tried several but the same result - DVDFlick's the one that comes really close. I would put up with the audio skipping, but it skips every second meaning that I can't make out anything.

Well, for you it must be difficult to resolve this problem since you don't own a PS2, but I hope that someone who does own it or has owned it in the past replies to this thread.
            Have you tried burning at different speeds? I know when you read FAQs it always says to burn slow. But imho that's outdated thinking. Try a couple of different speeds. Try different burning software. There are free ones around. Imgburn is best generally but maybe it just doesn't like your burner. Also you could try backing off to a different Imgburn version or two and see if you find a good match.

I've heard of "it plays on the PC but not on the stand-alone player" quite often. But it's kind of unusual to play on one stand-alone and not the other. What media are you using? Perhaps the PS2 doesn't like the blanks you use. There's no "one best" medial that's always better than any other. I don't care what anyone says, it's not "best" if it routinely refused to perform on your setup. Sometimes things don't match even if the brand name is a high quality. You just have to try until you hit it, unless a PS2 owner knows a secret.

If you have a PHD they call it "experimentation." I don't have a college degree so I have to say "trial and error."
            Last edited by MilesAhead; 20 Dec 2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

• salminho
              • Apr 2019

I don't know how I'm supposed to figure out why audio skips on the PS2. I don't own one.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎