Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boozehawk
    • Jan 2013

Jerky Mpeg4 playback after importing from Vivitar 950WHD camera

Hi I joined the forum as I'm wanting to make vids of my Motercycle trips using a Vivitar 950WHD which I picked up in the sales as its waterproof and nice and small for mounting on the bike.

The problem is I took some test video and imported it onto my laptop and the playback is really jerky. The files playback perfectly smoothly on the camera. I tried using Windows Movie Maker and Windows Media as well as the software Vivitar supplied. The video was jerky in all of them. The files are MPEG4. Interestingly when I browsed for the files on the SD card I could not see the files when the browser was set to browse "all media files" only when I switched to "all files", which seems odd.

My laptop is a Compaq with an AMD TurionX2 64.

Any help on how to fix this appreciated.
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Post a MediaInfo screen shot of the original files as well as the processed output. Maybe someone will notice something.

Jerky motion implies either the software imported to a different frame rate than the original, or it used the wrong filter when resizing. In any case the MediaInfo info is essential.

edit: I should note I'm not a camcorder aficionado. But I think there are one or two who hang here.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 3 Jan 2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• Boozehawk
      • Jan 2013

I checked the file through MediaInfo and returned the following info.

MPEG-4 (sony PSP): 11.5 MiB, 14s 333ms
      Japanese, 6 643 Kbps, 1280*720 (16:9), at 30.000 fps,AVC (Main@L4.0) (CABAC / 1 Ref Frames)
      Japanese, 64.0 Kbps, 44.1 KHz, 1 channel, AAC (LC)

Comment

• Boozehawk
        • Jan 2013

Also windows movie maker won't import/open the files, saying they are not supported format.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

It may not work on everything, the the simplest I know to try in this situation would be TEncoder. It's free and is pretty tolerant when it comes to input. Also if you search you can find a forum where the author answers questions directly.

Comment

• Boozehawk
            • Jan 2013

Ok I will have a go with Tencoder.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍