Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petel
    • Mar 2013

BluRay DVD/Home Theater

Don 't see a specific hardware forum, but I am sure I will get the answer here.

Looking for a good brand name DVD Player or Home Theater System that will allow High Definition Playback through the USB port. A lot of hardware, especially older will only accept files for example, that are 720 x or lower through the USB port. Other higher resolution will give you a resolution not accepted on screen.

I want to have xvid. .divx, and .MKV files of high resolution to be selected from an external usb hard drive plugged into the USB port. After all it is easy to make high resolution videos in both these formats.

Please try to include model names if possible. I have two home theater systems in my house and both of them will not play any video through the USB Port of higher than 720 resolution.

Thanks, Petel
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

It would be easier to look for Blu-ray players that can do this, since DVD players that have the power to decode H.264 HD video files are rare. Most Blu-ray players will have media players built-in that can play videos up to 1080p resolution, but you'd have better luck with the Korean brands (LG, Samsung), as they usually cater to more video formats.

Sony is alright too, but most can't play MKV.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎