Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pietroc86
    • Aug 2013

Latest firmware for PIONEER BD-ROM BDCTD01RS

Hy guys! I need your help!! I have a computer laptop ACER ASPIRE 8930G with WINDOWS 8 PRO with media center x64 bit and I do want update the firmware of my PIONEER BD ROM BDCTD01RS to the LATEST version as possible (now I have the version number 1.01). I had tried some times to find the latest firmware for my BD-ROM BUT....it is IMPOSSIBLE to find it!!!! I was went also to the official PIONEER site but i can't found there the latest firmware too!!! Where can I find the direct download for the LATEST firmware for my BD-ROM? Thanks a lot in advance.
  • katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Run IMGBurn; There is a feature in that pgm. to search for the latest firmware.

Comment

• pietroc86
      • Aug 2013

Originally Posted by katzdvd
      I have CDBURNER XP (the greatest i think)....I see that img put me a link on home producer firmware topic for my bd rom BUT...pioneer doesnt make firmware yet proper for my bd rom! What can I do?

Comment

• PurpleDemon
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by katzdvd
        There sure is. Go to tools/drive/check for firmware upgrades.
        Good Luck

Nice tip katz

Comment

• PurpleDemon
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Mar 2006

After researching I have found Acer has never released firmware for this drive. They are terrible at that. You won't find it on Pioneer because the support all comes from Acer.

There is info at your own risk to crossflash your drive to a Sony and you can get 1.03. You will need to Google that.
          Are you having issues with this drive? I assume the Windows 8 is an upgrade whereas Acer only has drivers to Windows 7.
          If the drive is not giving you issues I would not even mess with crossflassing this one. IMO
          Good luck

Comment

• pietroc86
            • Aug 2013

Ok THANKS a lot for help guys!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡