Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to resize an AVI Video so one can email it?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oneida101
    • Aug 2013

Is it possible to resize an AVI Video so one can email it?

This is my last look to learn if it is possible to make an AVI smaller so that I can email it to friends. I have a game camera that can take videos but the file is too large to be able to email it to others. So far I have asked a couple of Multimedia Forums and they advise I need to join / use a websharing site. I was hoping to just resize the video like I do with pictures. Guess technology has not caught up to be able to do this like you can with pictures?

Not much with Computers but was hoping to resize some videos? Is it possible? If not thanks I will just go back to single pictures and leave the videos behind...

Oneida101
  • PurpleDemon
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2006

That is what I would advise too. It is also possible to upload to like youtube as well and set the privacy settings to only people that have that link can view it.
    Good Luck

Comment

• Oneida101
      • Aug 2013

Thanks but no one that I know uses YouTube most are not into those websites no facebook etc. Just email we are old school when a computer was a teletype machine with no removable media but a 1 inch tape and no display until you ran your program it would come out on a print out of paper. And I don't use a computer for work wither... But t5hanks I guess I will just have to use a "flash" drive and mail (usps) it to those I wanted to email it to.... By the time they get some software to do it will too far in the future!!! And too late for me...

Oh well that is why I have no use for computers...

Oneida101

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I would try converting to mp4. You can get the same quality as .avi/.divx using .mp4 at about half the bitrate.
        Don't resize the image frame as that will slow conversion way down. Try converting to .mp4 with the same frame size.

Comment

• Oneida101
          • Aug 2013

If I knew how to change it to an MP4 I would but I am a novice when it comes to anything that deals with computers but thanks. I just load the AVI Videos on a USB Flash Drive and send it USPS to the person I was hoping to email them to...

But Thanks guess it is not possible to resize an AVI Video...

Oneida101

Comment

• jm1647
            An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
            • Apr 2005

I don't know how to resize an .avi either but there is a way to split the file into pieces to send via email. It is a great lil program and handles files up to 10GB in size. It is called HJSplit, it splits and joins split files back to 1 piece the way it was before splitting. It is a standalone executable that is only a 191KB zip file. You specify the size in KB or MB that you want the pieces to be. It is available at HJSplit: free file splitting software for Windows, Linux and other platforms and it is freeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by Oneida101
              If I knew how to change it to an MP4 I would but I am a novice when it comes to anything that deals with computers but thanks. I just load the AVI Videos on a USB Flash Drive and send it USPS to the person I was hoping to email them to...

But Thanks guess it is not possible to resize an AVI Video...

Oneida101
              The file can be made smaller by sacrificing quality. You reencode with a lower bitrate.

As for avi to mp4, there are programs that that are pretty much drag and drop. It's one of the eaiser conversions.

If you think about it, if you could "resize" things to the same format and have them look the same, you'd have infinite compression. Kind of like perpetual motion. Start your clock and pull the plug. Once it starts running it just keeps going with no electric current. If only I could pay rent that way.
              Last edited by MilesAhead; 21 Sep 2013, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎