X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Homeland Season 3 Premier Leaked Online A Month Before Official Airing

Showtime's eagerly awaited season 3 premier of their hit show Homeland has been leaked online, almost a month before the episode was supposed to air.

The leaked episode was made available on the usual BitTorrent indexers for download this week, even though it is missing the opening credits, and crucially, some special effects. For example, one shot simple shows a green screen with the word "crater" embedded on top, to be eventually replaced by a CGI shot of the aforementioned crater.

The incompleteness of the episode however has not stopped downloaders. Hundreds of thousands of users have already downloaded the episode.

The source of the leak is unconfirmed at the moment, although many speculate that this version is similar to the screener copy given to critics at July's Television Critics Association event. Another theory suggests that this workprint comes directly from whichever post-production company that managed to get a copy of the unfinished episode.

Showtime have not yet responded to the leak, and so it's unknown whether they will merely shrug off the incident and perhaps even welcome it in some ways as a way to promote the new season, or to treat the matter as a criminal concern and alert the relevant authorities. In 2009, the premature leak of an unfinished copy of Wolverine led to an arrest and an one year sentence for the uploader.

Homeland season 3 premiers September 29 on Showtime.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Wait, they arrested someone over Wolverine? I thought that was an inside leak by FOX so that they could blame piracy if they movie didn't do well
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

They arrested and charged (and eventually sent to prison) the guy who uploaded the leaked film, but I don't think he was the person responsible for the leak:

'Wolverine' Pirate Gets 1 Year in Prison | Reuters
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Sounds like a scapegoat to me. These movie studios don't just happen to keep workprints sitting around unencrypted for regular folks to get their hands on, it HAD to be someone who worked for FOX.

Word on the street was that it was an experiment to see if people would still see the film if they leaked it online (especially considering it wasn't completely finished.) Then when the film didn't do well as expected (granted, it DID make a ton of money...), they blamed the leak, which we all predicted was going to happen anyway.

I got my hands on that leaked workprint but didn't watch it until after I saw it legally in theaters
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡