Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jynxus
    • Mar 2014

Sony BDP-S1100 no longer plays all files

Hi:Some movies that will play on my computer (Windows 8.1) and on my Samsung Smart TV, will no longer play using my Sony BDP-S1100 Blu Ray player. Several of them (my Harry Potter Collection, Batman collection) played awhile ago and now I get the message: corrupt or unsupported file. The files are on a Seagate portable hard drive which connects to the player using a usb port. I tried to find something that these files have in common, no luck; my son (much more computer savvy) tried to figure it out, with no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

If the files on the USB drive hasn't been changed (you can check their update date), then it's most likely a firmware update on the Blu-ray player that has changed something. Perhaps it's an update of the copy protection algorithm, Cinavia, which prevents the playback of certain movies once they've been converted to another format (you can see a full list of protected movies here - maybe check against the ones that don't work to see if there's a pattern).
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎