Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WeenBoy
    • Apr 2002

Dear God! 5 months wasted?!

Uh oh... I been making DIVX to play on my TV through a video card or that was the plan. Then I started reading about how TV viewing is not as good as VGA and things like that and have been second guessing this now. I have not yet purchased a card to play them through my computer, via microDVD. All divx/avi's are at 720x480 and I have a RCA 32" with S-Video.

Compressing the videos, looking for sync problems or playback problems I can check while I'm making them (and spent many hours fixing them), but since I don't have the card yet, I haven't technically "finished" what I'm trying to do. Is there any thing I should be aware of or know before I continue making the DIVX burned CD's? (To which I later plan on playing through the TV)

• Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

First of all, you would do well to reduce the video resolution to no higher than 640x(). Higher resolutions require more bitrate and also more CPU power. In addition, TVs displays have lower details than computer monitors and hence even lower resolutions will not be noticable on TVs than it would be on a computer monitor. I think you can make do with 512x() or lower for TV-out purposes. Anything higher will not be noticable on your TV.

Comment

• WeenBoy
      • Apr 2002

But other than that...

.. I'm all good for what I'm trying to accomplish? No changing has to be done other than your resizing suggestion.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎