X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tina1234
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Looking for Blu-ray player software running on Windows 8

I updated to Windows 8 last week, unfortunately to find that DVD is not playing any more. I am looking for a Blu-ray player, at the same time it should be a DVD player. Is that possible?
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

You can use VLC to play DVDs ... getting it to play Blu-rays is a bit more difficult - do a search on Google to find out what you may need.

The most fool proof solution would be a commercial player like PowerDVD.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• JacobBrown
      Banned
      • Dec 2014

VLC does not support playback of commercial Blu-ray discs with copy protection. Those require decryption keys, which only a commercial player can provide. The reason is that direct playback of commercial Blu-ray discs is restricted and requires decryption keys. Without internet access to a decryption server or a standalone player with the keys built-in, they will not play.

Macgo Windows Blu-ray Player is a good choice for Windows 8.

Comment

• WilliamGreen
        Banned
        • Dec 2014

That's right! we won't spend that much just for a Blu-ray Player but if the price is cheap enough and full function, it's worth a shot. That Macgo Blu-ray player seems like that.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

@Tina1234, JacobBrown and WilliamGreen, do you guys/gals really need to come to this forum to talk about software from just that one company. Considering all of you appear to work for the same company (or at least using IP addresses owned by the same company, a company that has a history of being associated with this kind of thing)?

You guys/gals just earned yourself a filter for this company's name (now automatically filtered and changed to SpammerGoAway, whenever you type this company's name or URL in this forum.

Not only have all of you just been banned, as a bonus, your company's software has also just been banned from Digital Digest's software section.

Hope you like your Christmas presents. Merry Christmas!
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Aaron Marceau
            • Nov 2015

Hello all, can i convert Blu-ray movie to normal mp4 format. I have downloaded a movie from online hub and I am unable to play due to Blu-ray format. I want to watch that movie on my Android phone, can anybody help me with Codec patch file which can support VLC player.

Comment

• Aaron Marceau
              • Nov 2015

Hello All, I asked a question to convert Blu-ray movie to normal mp4 format. I hope nobody is bothered to reply to my Post. I have done lot of research online none of the free software would allow to change the format. If anybody have software I can upload that movie on some cloud location and you can change the format, re-upload the video so that i can download to watch on my Android phone.

Comment

• queenamhuan
                • Apr 2018

Something we have to know is that almost Blu-ray player not only a Blu-ray player, but also 3D/ DVD/ 4K player. So you don’t have to worry a Blu-ray player couldn’t play DVD discs. However, some Blu-ray player software will be charged. I used a piece of software providing one month's free trial. You may have a try.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎