X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Best brand of BD-R?

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I remember getting some great advice regarding DVD+R discs from this forum before. And as a result, I know to stay far away from CMC Mag. discs since they're usually utter crap.

But Verbatim BD-R discs are still fairly expensive, being almost $1 apiece even on sale. And packs of less than 50 often are more than $1 apiece.

I bought some crappy discs from a local computer store (didn't actually check in ImgBurn who made them, sadly) and they did seem to work fine for both data and video. I only got a few coasters due to my defective Blu-Ray burner, unlikely the discs themselves as I burned about 8 in a row perfectly using my other burner.

So I'm just curious... now that we have scratch protection built into the discs, is there any point in spending more money to get Verbatim anymore? I would hate to have the data become unusable in the future, but as far as I know that's inevitable with any kind of burnable media, hence why businesses use hard drives for long-term storage.

For simply burning movies, though... what's the best route to go? I can get some cheap discs for around 50 cents each, or spend a dollar or so each to get Verbatim... or something in between. When you're talking about a spindle of 50 discs, that extra $25 really makes a difference!
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection
  • plantaelectrica
    • Jan 2016

i would say that it all depends on the data you would like to store, spend as much money as the data is valuable for you

Comment

• Muhammad adnan
      • Jan 2016

bd-r are still fairly expensive on new-egg, merit-line, amazon , etc. and seem to be cheapest on e-bay where they're sent directly from japan. just go to eBay and type in bd-r dl and those 3 merchants will come up in droves.

it all depends on the data.
      you spend more money for the data

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎