Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDSubEdit: oops! The modified encoded subpic does not fit in the available space..."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dilophosaurus65
    • Jan 2017

DVDSubEdit: oops! The modified encoded subpic does not fit in the available space..."

Hey, guys! I'm new here and I'm hoping someone could help me sort this out. I modified the subpic of DVD menu. The sybols were dots, but I added the text as well. And trying to replace the old one with the new, edited one in DVDSubEdit and I get this message. Is there ANY way to overcome this?
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

The problem is due to the complexity of the modified image of the subpic.

The image is compacted (using the simple RLE encoding) before it is stored in the VOB file. If you add too many complex elements (such as text), the RLE encoding is less efficient, and the size of the modified image is (much) greater than the original. Since DVDSubEdit is not a full VOB editor, it can only replace the original image with yours in the VOB file. Unfortunately, your image cannot fit in the place that is allowed for the image in the VOB, and therefore DVDSubEdit cannot replace it.

Try to simplify the image. For example, replace the text you have added with a simple symbol, a rectangle or anything very simple. With some luck, that will be sufficient.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎