Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jolo100
    • Dec 2017

Convert mp4 to DVD?

I'm someone who used to edit and convert videos, but I have been away from doing it for some time. I used to use Virtualdub a lot and Divx tools. BUT, I need help in converting a MP4 video to burn on a DVD.
    I am assuming that I need a tool to convert the mp4 to vob? Then use a product like Imgburn to write the vob to a DVD. I a.m not sure
    I don't need to anything fancy, I might add a subtitle file to the video, besides that..no menus or anything.
    Can anyone Please recommend tools needed. I did use DVD Flick, but I found it incredibly slow, I mean from 4 to 5 hours for a 90 minute video.
    I sure wish I could use Virtualdub, but I don't think that it would convert to .vob.
    PLEASE help, as I have been out of it and need an update to tools I can use to create a DVD(vob) from a MP4.
    Thank you,
    Jon
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

It is not sufficient to convert the video to VOBs. You need a program that can create the whole DVD structure, with the IFO and BUP files as well. DVDFlick is one of the best free tools to do that. And 4 to 5 hours to convert a full movie is not so long. Of course, the speed depends of your CPU, and also of the quality of the encoder. Fast encoders are often (always?) very bad.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• partysunday
      • Jun 2017

DVD Flick +1. It's a great DVD authoring tool for me.

Comment

• joyknights
        • Sep 2018

Try to use Freemake Converter, I have tried it before and so far it works.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎