Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarcyD
    • Nov 2019

AVI & Premiere Pro Workflow

I am looking into the workflow of rendering and exporting with uncompressed avi files in Premiere Pro.* Someone on my team mentioned exporting out just the video manually as an avi uncompressed file and re-importing it back into the project to basically act as a manual render.* This was something new to me.* I think they were trying to fix audio issues and didn't want to mess with re-rendering later, but I was having trouble seeing why this would be beneficial...especially if there are minor edits to the video later down the line.* Are there benefits to doing this? * *

To save time in a similar fashion, yet still have the ability to make minor edits, would it be better to create uncompressed render files?* This way if you do need to change one thing it just wipes out the one render, but you still save time during export?**

And finally if it is good to make uncompressed render files, how would one do that in Adobe Premiere Pro to cut down on time for a final export?* I've experimented a little and can't seem to get the "Use Previews" box to actually cut down on final export time.**

It also looks like the only setting for uncompressed render files is to use the "Uncompressed UYVV 422 8bit" codec.* I am used to making Master Files with "none" listed as the codec.* How do these options compare?* What is the difference?* And is the it still being compressed when choosing a codec/is there any loss of data?**

Thanks so much for any input!
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎