Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D.V. Dee
    • Jan 2007

DVD Music Track Overwhelms Audio Track

When playing DVDs on my Sony DVP-NS425 DVD player, with Pro-Ject Hear It Two headphones,
    the audio track frequently gets overwhelmed by the music track.

This isn’t the case with all DVDs that I play, but it happens frequently enough.

My DVD player is patched through an Onkyo TX-8255 Stereo Receiver to an LG 32LN530B HD LED TV,
    with a Radio Shack switcher to change options.

My speakers are Marantz HLM 208a (circa 1984).

I realize that both the DVD player and the speakers are pretty vintage, but they
    still function just fine (I assume). I much prefer using headphones to the speakers.

(Oddly, there’s no audio heard when the Onkyo is set to DVD/Line 1, but heard OK when set to Line 2).

Any way I can resolve this dilemma? I've noticed this is a recurring problem on other social media posts.

Thanks for any feedback!

• admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

It does feel like that downmixing to your stereo headphones could have an issue, in that it may not be doing it and instead, it's simply outputting the L/R channel in an 5.1 track to the headphones - the dialogue is mostly in the center channel, and so when there's music, it's drowned out. Is there a setting in your DVD player or your receiver (if your headphones are connected to your receiver) to control how downmixing works?
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• D.V. Dee
      • Jan 2007

Originally Posted by admin
      It does feel like that downmixing to your stereo headphones could have an issue, in that it may not be doing it and instead, it's simply outputting the L/R channel in an 5.1 track to the headphones - the dialogue is mostly in the center channel, and so when there's music, it's drowned out. Is there a setting in your DVD player or your receiver (if your headphones are connected to your receiver) to control how downmixing works?
      I'll check both the receiver and the DVD player, Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎