Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xelazaughra
    • Sep 2020

Help with digitizing home movies

I recently decided to convert my vhs tapes to dvds. I used a Panasonic vhs/dvd player and converter combo. The Panasonic converted the videos into .VOB files. After I transferred everything to dvd I then transferred the contents to my computer. VLC player will play the entire video but when I put the .VOB file into Windows Live Movie Maker it will only play a fraction of the video. I tried using a program called Wondershare Uniconverter to convert the .VOBs to .MP4s but that only got me a little more video not the entire thing. Please help! Much thanks!
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

I would give VidCoder a go and see if it does the job better:

VidCoder is an open-source DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Stormstout
      • Mar 2022

You need to acquire something called a VIDEO-GRABBER.

This device allows you to rip video and audio from analog and digital devices.

After connecting to your computer using the USB 2.0 interface, you can rip to your computer the audio and video from your CD player, DVD player, VCR, camcorder, digital camera, or other AV devices with an S-Video connector.

In a very simple way, you can rip video from a VIDEO cassette - VCR to your computer.

Ripping analog video to digital. Now, you are already very close to copying old movies from trips or family gatherings.

However, you still need to have a sensible program to capture the movie.

There are many movie ripping programs on the market, I use - Honestech VHS to DVD.

You should easily find a free version with a search engine.

Comment

• mutant
        • Mar 2006

I think handbrake would covert vob files to another readable format that might work better. Good luck.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

Yes, Handbrake would work great. VidCoder is actually built on top of Handbrake, so it does the job too.
          Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• skoropakao
            Just Signed Up
            • Jun 2022

I also used Handbrake for my VHS tapes. It did an amazing job.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎