Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spotify closes when another app plays sound (YouTube, WhatsApp voice notes etc)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moorre1
    • Oct 2020

Spotify closes when another app plays sound (YouTube, WhatsApp voice notes etc)

Hi Everyone,
    So started having a problem yesterday. So whenever I play a song, usually when it ends it plays something similar to that genre or whatnot. Recently though, when ever a song ended, the app would close and disappear from the notification bar. I now have to reopen the app and choose the song or leave it to shuffle.
    Another problem is when I play a song then decide to watch something or listen to audio from another app. So what happens is, I play a song, open a YouTube video. The song stops and the videos audio plays, but now the Spotify notification logo in the notification bar also disappears. This is annoying cause usually when I'm finished with the vid, I swipe down to the notification bar and press play. Also when I go back to the app, the current song that was playing before it closed restarts.
    Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix???
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Have you tried clearing the app's cache (if on Android), or reinstalling the app?
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• milesstone
      • Apr 2021

Originally Posted by Moorre1
      [FONT="]Hi Everyone,[/FONT]
      [FONT="]So started having a problem yesterday. So whenever I play a song, usually when it ends it plays something similar to that genre or whatnot. Recently though, when ever a song ended, the app would close and disappear from the notification bar. I now have to reopen the app and choose the song or leave it to shuffle.
      [FONT="]Another problem is when I play a song then decide to watch something or listen to audio from another app. So what happens is, I play a song, open a YouTube video. The song stops and the videos audio plays, but now the Spotify notification logo in the notification bar also disappears. This is annoying cause usually when I'm finished with the vid, I swipe down to the notification bar and press play. Also when I go back to the app, the current song that was playing before it closed restarts.[/FONT]
      [FONT="]Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix???
      hi there I am newbie here and the issue you're talking about Spotify, This is expected behavior. Spotify pauses the music you’re listening to when it detects you’re listening to another audio source, such as something on Twitter or on a website so you don’t get interrupted.
      Last edited by milesstone; 29 Apr 2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Nikky
        • Apr 2021

Maybe you can try to check the sleeping apps whether Spotify has been added to the list. You can go to Settings>Device Care>Battery>App Power Management>Sleeping apps to find the Spotify app. If listed, press and hold the Spotify app to reveal the option to remove and tap Remove. If not, you can reset notification settings, also find it in Settings. If the problem still exists, you can try to download music from Spotify with the help of Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter and start to listen to songs from the built-in music player on your phone.

Comment

• kirito
          • Jul 2021

[FONT="]So started having a problem yesterday. So whenever I play a song, usually when it ends it plays something similar to that genre or whatnot. Recently though, when ever a song ended, the app would close and disappear from the notification bar. I now have to reopen the app and choose the song or leave it to shuffle.[/FONT]
          [FONT="]Another problem is when I play a song then decide to watch something or listen to audio from another app. So what happens is, I play a song, open a YouTube video. The song stops and the videos audio plays, but now the Spotify notification logo in the notification bar also disappears. This is annoying cause usually when I'm finished with the vid, I swipe down to the notification bar and press play. Also when I go back to the app, the current song that was playing before it closed restarts.[/FONT] Nulls Brawl
          Check if your autoplay is on or off and you enable the repeat option. When the repeat option is off, songs will stop. Also check the sleep timer or sleep related settings in the app. Reinstalling the app may work too. If not, you can try some other music streaming app.

Comment

• Ethan
            • Jul 2021

[FONT="]So started having a problem yesterday. So whenever I play a song, usually when it ends it plays something similar to that genre or whatnot. Recently though, when ever a song ended, the app would close and disappear from the notification bar. I now have to reopen the app and choose the song or leave it to shuffle.[/FONT]
            [FONT="]Another problem is when I play a song then decide to watch something or listen to audio from another app. So what happens is, I play a song, open a YouTube video. The song stops and the videos audio plays, but now the Spotify notification logo in the notification bar also disappears. This is annoying cause usually when I'm finished with the vid, I swipe down to the notification bar and press play. Also when I go back to the app, the current song that was playing before it closed restarts.[/FONT]
            [FONT="]Anyone else experiencing this or have a fix???[/FONT]

Bro..Just try updating your Spotify. are you using android or ios? Becoz i never had such problem in my ios device.

Comment

• Julii
              • Dec 2021

[FONT="]So started having a problem yesterday. So whenever I play a song, usually when it ends it plays something similar to that genre or whatnot. Recently though, when ever a song ended, the app would close and disappear from the notification bar. I now have to reopen the app and choose the song or leave it to shuffle.Another problem is when I play a song then decide to watch something or listen to audio from another app. So what happens is, I play a song, open a YouTube video. The song stops and the videos audio plays, but now the Spotify notification logo in the notification bar also disappears. This is annoying cause usually when I'm finished with the vid, I swipe down to the notification bar and press play. Also when I go back to the app, the current song that was playing before it closed restarts.[/FONT] nulls clash

Possible reasons can be : 1) Autoplay Off
              2) Loop Off or Repeat Off
              3) Turn off Sound when another app plays sound (in the setting)
              4) Don't Allow Internet Access to Background Apps (which results in no access of internet to spotify and it didn't load the next song and hence, music stop after first song)
              Please check all these settings and turn them on.
              Regards, Julii

Comment

• kimonlope
                Banned
                • Jan 2022

Hi Everyone,
                So started having a problem yesterday. So whenever I play a song, usually when it ends it plays something similar to that genre or whatnot. Recently though, when ever a song ended, the app would close and disappear from the notification bar. I now have to reopen the app and choose the song or leave it to shuffle.
                Another problem is when I play a song then decide to watch something or listen to audio from another app. So what happens is, I play a song, open a YouTube video. The song stops and the videos audio plays, but now the Spotify app notification logo in the notification bar also disappears. This is annoying cause usually when I'm finished with the vid, I swipe down to the notification bar and press play. Also when I go back to the app, the current song that was playing before it closed restarts.
                Kindly check is your auto play is on or off. Or it may be fixed from sleep time settings.

Comment

• arunsdz
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2022

spotify music stops when sound alerts beeps

When Spotify is running it plays ads between it, this is inbuilt function but if we get any message notification or alert the spotify music goes off. It generally occurs due to the android or ios built versions which do not support music or any playing sounds of external sound in between alert sounds. Though this reason it happens so.

Comment

• Dhawad
                    • Feb 2022

Originally Posted by Julii
                    Possible reasons can be : 1) Autoplay Off
                    2) Loop Off or Repeat Off
                    3) Turn off Sound when another app plays sound (in the setting)
                    4) Don't Allow Internet Access to Background Apps (which results in no access of internet to spotify and it didn't load the next song and hence, music stop after first song)
                    Please check all these settings and turn them on.
                    Regards, Julii
                    yes i am try this setting veryusefull post thanks...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎