Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NicolasduCaire
    • Jun 2002

pb reading avi files compressed in VD

I compressed avi files from a dv camera, to smaller avi files through VirtualDub and Divx 5, in order to put them on CD.
    But when I try to read these new files, wether in WMP or in Playa, after 20 or 30 sedonds, the computer switches off, starts again, bugs while starting...
    I copied some of these files, with difficulties, on a cd (using DirectCD, because it was not working with CDcreator), and the same thing happened on another computer.
    I tried to copy them through Nero, and Nero told me:
    "medium speed error/invalid write state/could not perform endtrack/burn process failed at 1x).
    So, I don't know why, but it seems that my files are corrupted. Maybe it is because I compressed video but not sound (as I want to work on these films as material for anthropology, I wanted the best sound possible). May be something else lacks in my computer. I tried to convert one of these compressed avi files in mpeg4, same result. It is not from XP, because it did the same on a computer with W2000.
    So does anyone know why these files can't be read, and if there is a way to fix them. It took me two weeks to capture and compress these files, and they are still on my HDD, for more than 10 G!
    thanks in advance
    (and sorry for my approximative English)
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your motherboard and graphics card. And if you are using a motherboard that uses a VIA chipset get the latest 4in1 driver. And install DirectX8.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...