Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swedish Pirate Party to launch new "Pirate ISP"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Swedish Pirate Party to launch new "Pirate ISP"?

The Swedish Pirate Party has plans to launch an anonymous, log-free ISP to provide privacy to web users.

The service will differ from traditional ISPs by making users responsible for maintaining the network, as well as providing fixes, allowing a sort of open source development of the ISP. Privacy will be the main aim of the new ISP, which will surely test the resolve of anti-piracy agencies and the likes of the RIAA and MPAA.

The new Pirate ISP is in testing stages at the moment.

"The Pirate ISP is needed in different ways. One is to compete with other ISPs, let them fight more for our Internet. If they don’t behave there will always be someone else taking their share," Pirate Party member Gustav Nipe told TorrentFreak in an interview.

More:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

That sounds awesome. If it ever comes to the US I'm signing up.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

I might have to actually go to Sweden now and get Europe into my life experience.

Hi Cynthia! The Euro's finally down!

This does sound awesome, and given all the open source gurus out there it would be up and running in no time and maintained. I'd be hitting that donate button believe me.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

If you mean Euro as in currency we don't use it in Sweden. It's still krona here.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Nice to hear from you.

Originally Posted by cynthia
          If you mean Euro as in currency we don't use it in Sweden. It's still krona here.
          I'm definitely going to have to go then and add it to my travels. Have no clue about Europe all that much except for the Arts and laxed lifestyle. Not uptight like here in the States.
          Last edited by cynthia; 26 Jul 2010, 09:44 AM. Reason: Edited by mistake. Sorry.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• cynthia
            Super Moderatress
            • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by dr_ml422
            I'm definitely going to have to go then and add it to my travels. Have no clue about Europe all that much except for the Arts and laxed lifestyle. Not uptight like here in the States.
            Visiting the Vikings were some of them are located in Foteviken, that is a free and independent Viking kingdom.

Comment

• dr_ml422
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • May 2007

Book Marked!

Originally Posted by cynthia
              Visiting the Vikings were some of them are located in Foteviken, that is a free and independent Viking kingdom.

http://www.foteviken.se/engelsk/e_f10.htm
              Cool!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎